City & County of Honolulu: Dept of Planning & Permitting

Contractor Statement
  • Specialty Contractors, required if you are using a general conractor... even if you have no
    specialty contractors. Your GC will still need to sign this page. (This form is NOT required for

Special Inspections Form

BWS - Low Flow Rebate form
  • Get credit where credit is due. If you're willing to put up with a low-flow crapper, you deserve at
    least a $100 credit. Go get it!
  • Oh wait... I forgot to tell you, that if you replace your toilet, you MUST replace it with a low-flow
    model. I don't think they sell regular flow toilets in Hawaii. You'll have to buy it on the black
    market or smuggle one in your carry-on.

Tankless Gas Water Heaters (

Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in Hawaii

International Code Council

Smoke Alarm: New Requirements (2003 International Residential Code)
IRC Section R313.1.1